Experienced, qualified and sensitive, I provide a safe confidential space to explore your situation, work through difficulties and find a way forward or through.
I have many years experience working in the 'helping' professions including working with both families and adults in the NHS and Social Services. I have also worked for the Richmond Fellowship in a number of Residential Therapeutic Communities in rehabilitation - I appreciated the innovative approach and relatively flattened hierarchy between staff and residents. I have considerable experience in the Addictions field with a specialty in Alcohol and Drug addictions. I've worked for SWADS, BADAS, New Highway and Turning Point (local and national Addiction charities).
I'm an open minded person, generally interested in a wide variety of things but my abiding loves are; well-being, nature, travel, dance, music, architecture, anthropology, sociology and psychology.
- CBT/REBT December Diploma 2016 - College of Cognitive Behavioural Therapists.
- CBT Anxiety Management 2015
- BACP Certificate of Proficiency 2013
- Registered Member of BACP
- Post Graduate Certificate in Applied Positive Psychology ( University of East London) 2012
- Motivational Interviewing 2010
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling ( CBT, Psychodynamic, Transactional Analysis) 2009
- Psychology of Vision - Steps to Leadership 2007
- Certificate in Counselling Theory 2000
- Certificate in Counselling Skills 2000
- BA Hons Degree 1980